Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time to Play Catch Up! - One Week Old...and Happy Birthday to Daddy!!

Ohmigosh I've never felt this busy before in my life! Benton was already one week old last Tuesday, so I'm wayyy behind on my postings! I hope time doesn't keep going by this fast...I love how snuggly this little boy is! We finally got to come home from the hospital on Sunday, April 18th. We had a very successful night on Saturday with our feedings - Benton was even waking us up wanting to eat! Matt and I were so thrilled to bring our baby home. :)
The first night at home went fairly well. We were up for feedings every two hours, which was exhausting after a big day of celebrating being at home. Benton had his first check-up on Monday morning, and we were quickly reminded how lucky we are that my dad is his pediatrician! We sneaked in through the back door, Benton got a great report, and we were able to leave quickly - no having to wait for these sleep-deprived parents! Last night was by far the easiest night so far...Benton got up only twice to feed, and we felt a bit spoiled at being able to sleep a little longer. :)
Benton has been an absolute doll! He loves to curl up and sleep on your chest, he gets the hiccups all the time, and he's even smiling some (yes, I know it's just gas - haha!). He hardly ever cries, and when he does, it's because we didn't pick up on his little "hints" that he is hungry - mommy and daddy are still learning! He has gotten a couple of sponge baths so far this week an he seemed to enjoy them!
Last Wednesday was Matt's 27th birthday and we celebrated with his mom, dad, and sister. They brought Travinia's for dinner (yummy!) and had funfetti cake for dessert. Since I couldn't stand long enough to make the cake, I got my sister Lauren to make it - thanks Lala!
And now for your viewing pleasure...pictures of Benton's first week!

With Nana and Uncle Jon Michael in the Children's Hospital


Benton with my Daddy :)



Aunt Jenny, Benton, and Baby Carlisle (due to arrive September 26th!!!)


Going home! Our first family photo...yes, it was a bright, sunny day! :)


All buckled up for the first time


Home and on the couch for the first time! My grandmother crocheted his little hat...we think it makes him look like a Dr. Seuss "who" - so cute!


With Papa


Getting a bottle from Rosie


Meeting Aunt Lauren


With Gigi on his first week "birthday" :)


Happy 27th birthday, Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Katie!!! He is just BEAUTIFUL, and I'm so glad he's doing so well (and being such a GREAT baby, making it easier on his sweet parents)!!! I know you were so glad to finally come home and get used to your "new normal." It's just the most wonderful thing in the whole world, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete