Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Almost time...

84: number of days on bedrest
12: number of weeks on bedrest
1: number of weeks until Benton is born!

We are getting antsy over here. :) We've only got one week until we meet this sweet baby:


Everything is ready as far as I know at home, and I cannot wait to meet my baby, see my house, and play with my little dogs!

Lucy and Lola have missed Mommy (and Daddy, since they've been staying over at Mimi and Papa's house). Matt and I just can't wait to see their reactions to Benton. :)

So the last week went really well! I told several of my friends that the minute I make it to my big goal of 34 weeks, I would have a normal pregnancy. We haven't had any major complications since then and are praying that everything goes well until the 13th! A nice, normal c-section is exactly what we have in mind at this point. :)

In case you haven't heard, my sister Jenny and her husband, Christian, are expecting! She is 15 weeks along, and we should find out this week if they're having a boy or a girl. SO EXCITED...Benton can't wait to meet his little cousin. It will be a wild time in our family - especially around holidays - as these two babies will be only 5 months apart! Ahh...can't wait! And, if you are on Facebook, become a fan of Baby Carlisle...Christian has made a fan page for their baby and it is hysterical! Please keep them in your prayers that Jenny has a nice, normal pregnancy - I'm always praying that she won't have to do any form of bedrest! Jenny, Lauren, and Jon Michael came to visit this weekend. Jenny and Lauren had gone shopping for maternity clothes and brought them up here so I could see them. I put on one of Jenny's new shirts just to see what it felt like to wear normal clothes with such a big belly (I've been wearing nightgowns for 10 weeks now!). Well...here's what I looked like!
Side view:


Haha...I look HUGE compared to the girls!


And with Uncle Jon Michael...


Last but not least...here's the announcement that we are going to put on my hospital door after Benton is born. Major thanks to Shelley for drawing and outlining everything...Mom and I painted it. :)


This just might be my last post before the baby arrives! Please keep us in your prayers for a safe delivery...we are so blessed to have made it this far and truly appreciate ALL of your thoughts and prayers so far! I'll post pictures as soon as I can. :)

6 comments:

  1. love love LOVE all of the pictures!!! Can't wait to meet that sweet boy in a week (and 2 days) :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are SO almost there!... FINALLY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I can't believe he's almost here - how exciting!!! :) Get lots of sleep this week, haha! And get ready for life to change in the best way EVER! :)
    How fun that your sister is pregnant! Mills and his cousin, Gray, are 6 weeks apart and I think that they'll be so close! Your family is gonna be super blessed (and busy)! :)
    Can't wait to see the pictures of your precious BABY BOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog layout is precious! And I LOVE the sign for your hospital door! Too cute!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I am more than excited for you! What an answer to prayer! I can't wait to see pictures of your precious little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait! Katie, you're just beautiful (I keep saying that, but you truly are!!). Have a great, restful last few days. Cam and I are sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that you get to meet your baby boy in just a few days!! Congratulations and best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete