I do have to give all my credit to Southern Savers. Jenny, who manages the site and actually teaches classes on how to save money, lists the deals for the stores each week AND then allows you to make a shopping list with coupon match ups.
Although I don't think I'll actually stay home until we have baby #2 (which, if you've been following this blog from the beginning, you'll understand why that may be a long time from now), I do want to be able to use money for other fun stuff...like buying clothes and things for Benton, of course. :)
By the way, moms and mommies-t0-be...diapers can be very, very cheap if you clip coupons and use the drug store deals! I also have gotten amazing deals on Gerber foods...
So without sounding like a total nerd (I mean really...this is a new hobby of mine)...does anyone have any other sites or suggestions for how to be more financially responsible?? Feel free to send your comments and suggestions my way!! :)

i LOVE southern savers!!! way to go mommy!!
ReplyDeleteA good way we save?? Using cash. When Big Daddy gets paid, I pay all the biils that month online or by check. I then go get the cash for groceries, gas and spending. After that- no using the debit cards. It's amazing how "seeing" the money stack dwindle changes how you spend and on what. Of course with a family of 6 we absolutely coupon. I have gotten it down to 50% savings. I still need to learn the drug store side of things to save more!! Once you get the hang of it all, its not nearly as time consuming!!
ReplyDeleteKatie -- I'm so impressed! I went to a Southern Savers class but have yet to implement everything I learned. I'm just still overwhelmed and don't know where to start! Keep it up! Hopefully I'll start sooner and start saving too... :)
ReplyDeleteKroger and Proctor and Gamble allow you to preload coupons onto your savings card. So you can use the electronic coupon and a paper coupon at the same time!
ReplyDeleteI love coupons and print a lot through Mypoints.com
ReplyDeleteI can make sure I bring you all the baby diaper ones :)