We started out the day at Mama Marilyn's house and got to visit with my dad's side of the family. (I'm a bad mommy and forgot my camera!) Then we went over to Matt's parents -Benton loved seeing Rosie, Papa, and Aunt Kathryn.
Family pic (Benton was worn out at this point and couldn't focus long enough to smile!!)
Thanksgiving night, we went over to my parents' house where we had dinner at this beautiful (and ginormous!) table!
And this year, we even got to have a "kids' table"!
How precious are these two cousins???
Unfortunately, Benton didn't get to partake in any yummy Thanksgiving food - so he opted for rice cereal, pears and peas on his first Turkey day. :)
And...I was one of the crazy people who went shopping last night at midnight. Shelley and I headed to Wal-Mart in time to be there for their 12:01am sales. Originally, we just went to people watch and possibly get some good deals. Turns out we did pretty well!! I got:
A Bissell vacuum to keep downstairs (only $8.97!)

A Fisher-Price toy for Benton (for Christmas, of course!!) - $15

Ice Age and Horton Hears a Who! on Blu-Ray - $5 EACH!

Not too bad of a shopping spree! We were in and out of there in a hour...I think the real craziness was holding off until 5am. For the first time in 3 years, I didn't get up super early to shop (hmm...I wonder why?? :)). Matt and I headed out to Lowe's, Petsmart, and Publix (I know...exciting) and did a little nontraditional Black Friday shopping. I didn't think the deals were that great this year, although I did head out to Target and got some jeans and sweaters for $10 each.
Hope you and yours had a fantastic start to the holiday season!

What a precious little turkey!! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all had such a great Thanksgiving - did Benton get to make his turkey day craft? :)