Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hospital Bed Rest

As of tomorrow, Benton and I will have 27 weeks under our belt! Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be spending the last few weeks in the hospital. Here's the update:

Last Thursday night/Friday morning, I woke up to bleeding (my second bleed now) at 1:45 a.m. and Matt took me straight to the hospital in Aiken. I was admitted and was contracting about once every hour. I stayed there until Saturday night, when my doctor decided to transport me to Augusta as a precaution, since they have such a great NICU here at MCG. The docs think that I will probably have another bleed, so out of precaution we have decided to stay in the hospital for the duration of the pregnancy. In case anything happens, I'll have immediate care, which has put all of us at ease.

So this is technically my first night on hospital bed rest, but I wanted to give an update for everybody on how things are going. I'm feeling good (now that I'm not on magnesium sulfate - that stuff is AWFUL!) and Benton is be a very good little boy. His heartbeat is great and he has been moving lots. I feel very comfortable knowing that he is doing well and I pray that he will continue to progress just as well. Matt and I are very blessed to have our parents, family and friends close by, so I'll have lots of visitors - but thank goodness for the internet too!

Now for the fun stuff. At 27 weeks, Benton is now weighing about 2 lbs 6 oz (this is according to the ultrasound from Saturday) and is around 14.5 inches long. Yay for our growing boy!! If I get more ultrasound pictures tomorrow, I'll post them asap...since I do have a lot of time now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie(alias "Scooter"), Matt and Benton, Kathy told me about your blog so I'm in! Thank you for the update(Now I won't call your Mom 10 tiimes a day :)) Loved the pictures of baby Benton! I plan to quiz you on all talkshows and smut magazines!Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update! Post more pics asap! Can't wait to see you this weekend! I'll bring some "smut" magazines when I come :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. as of TOMORROW, you'll have 28 weeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete