So this has been a busy week! Monday started with my ultrasound (always a highlight of the week!) and then lots of visitors. It was wonderful! In fact, I had tons of visitors this week, and it made the time go by so much faster. Some fun things: Sara Smith and I played Scene It - Twilight edition (oh yes, I did!); Allison Brinkley brought by Valentine's decorations for my room (added some color to these walls!); Shelley and Mrs. D. brought by my "going home" outfit (a cute dress with a scarf and shoes to match!!); Mrs. Maddux and Erin brought lunch, a basket, and beautiful flowers; Gail Jones brought me a personal DVD player (works fabulously!)and movies to watch; Kathy brought a basket of goodies (Valentine's cookies and champagne flutes - for Welch's sparkling grape juice, of course!); Travis, Melissa, and Robert brought a huge basket of fantastic goodies. I also received a huge bag of goodies from my fellow teachers at AHS and an enormous card signed by my students! I got to see many more family and friends, and every visit was MUCH appreciated!!!
Another exciting happening this week was of course the SNOW! Although it wasn't the same looking at it through the hospital window (which by the way, my window overlooks the lovely parking garage), it was still really neat that we got that much of the white stuff! Matt sent me pictures and video of Lucy and Lola, our little dogs, running around in the snow...it was hilarious. :) On Saturday, Matt and I celebrated Valentine's Day. There's a service in Augusta that delivers meals from different restaurants to your house, hotel, or hospital room. (Mom and I tried it out on Friday - Kyoto's was on the menu...yummmm!) Matt and I went for Italian and had it delivered from a restaurant in town. We ate a yummy dinner on the hospital trays - don't think (or hope!) that we ever have another Valentine's day like that! But we really made the best of it and had a good time watching the Olympics and eating dinner. Then on Sunday, Mom and I watched a movie and had a mother-daughter Valentine's day. :)
Unfortunately the week wasn't just a fun one. I had my 4th bleed on Tuesday morning - again, controllable, and it stopped fairly quickly. However, the doctors took away my "privileges": walking in the halls and going for my chariot tours (what we call wheelchair rides). The good thing is that I got to at least walk around the hall on Friday...so I got to see the SNOW!!! :) The doctors aren't able to predict when and how these bleeds will go, so they are still monitoring me very closely. They aren't 100% sure that I will be able to make it to 36 weeks, although they said it would be very exciting if I did (of course). I had a FFN test done tonight (fetal fibronectin test). One of my doctors explained that we already know I'm at risk for preterm labor, but this test will give us an idea of whether I will actually go into labor in the next two weeks. I'll find out the results tomorrow, so let's keep our fingers crossed that it's a big negative!!!
Benton is doing wonderfully - still has a fantastic heartbeat and LOTS of movement. In fact the sonographer told me today that he is in a strange little position: his head is resting (comfortably - ha!) in my right hip, his body curves around the left side of my body, and his feet are under my right rib cage. It's so funny how his movements are changing from strong kicks and punches to strong movements, where I can actually feel which body part is shifting around. I have to keep nudging his little feet away from my ribs...I've heard that this hurts once he starts kicking there. :)
So another week down! Thank you for your continued support and prayers! :)
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great post! Love it! Looking forward to 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, & 36!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there Katie, you are doing great!! I too was on bedrest with my twin daughters. So many people were like, "Oh you are so lucky!".....NOT. It's not what it is cracked up to be, but it is defiantely worth it in the end. Let me know if I can do anything or if you need anything!!
ReplyDelete~Carrie Bowers~
http://thebowerstowers.blogspot.com/
Keep it up Katie! I am already looking forward to your weekly posts :) I am praying for you!
ReplyDeletewe're all waiting on the edge of our seats for the week 30 post!!! :) Get to it mama! :)
ReplyDelete