Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Big 3-0!!!

Well we have made it to 30 weeks! The doctors are very excited that I have made it this far. I did have two bleeds this past week (one last Tuesday and one at 3am this morning), but the doctors say that this is expected with a chronic abruption. At this point, they have said we will take it day by day...they haven't given me an exact point that they want me to get to - they just want to get me as far as possible. My goal is 32 weeks and then of course, if I can make it to 34 weeks, that would be ideal. (My doctor told me he will start to get arrogant if they can get me to 32 weeks - haha!) The main thing they are worried about is lung development. Even though Benton was measuring big for his gestational age a couple of weeks ago, lung development is something that is a major concern with preemies.

Overall, I had a great week. I had lots of visitors, which always makes the days go faster. We are getting to know all of the nurses pretty well and feel that I am in great hands. I had an ultrasound this morning and the baby looked great! I was supposed to get a 4D done, but because I had a bleed, they wouldn't let me leave the room. :( But that's okay...they came to my room with the portable machine and we still got to see the little guy. He was moving around as always, and we watched him open and close his mouth - so cute! :) The sonographer told us that he even has hair! It's so crazy to think this little baby is inside of me...still very hard to believe even though my belly is huge!
Here's the latest picture of Benton:

Not the best picture, but hopefully I'll have 4D pics for next week! Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers as we keep trucking along! :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear all is going well with you and the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear everything is going well! Benton is going to be precious!

    ReplyDelete