Ahh...I'm so excited. The doctor has definitely set the day of the c-section for Tuesday, April 13th. That means that we only have 2 weeks until our sweet boy is finally here! We had a great week - pretty uneventful, except for a VERY small bleed on Friday morning. Benton is as active as ever...he loves to roll his knees and back across my tummy and I'm always feeling his little feet and fists. In fact, last night he pushed his knees up so far that my stomach was SIGNIFICANTLY higher on the left side than the right. Mom was here, and she and I just died laughing...I mean, what can you do?
I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned this before, but a couple of weeks ago, I was having major issues with my amniotic fluid level. There was one day where I contracted ALL DAY...it was awful...and we honestly thought that maybe I was going into labor. Of course, the doctor did the exam and found that I was not dilated or effaced at all. It turns out that my fluid levels had risen that week to 34! (Normal levels range between 5 - 25, with 5 being low and 25 being high on the range.) We knew that my levels had been on the higher side (around 26) but that jump to 34 explained how terrible I had been feeling. The irritability was really high; the doctor told me that the way I was feeling was the same way a woman at 40+ weeks feels! Well long story short, the levels have definitely fallen and today's ultrasound showed my levels were down to 20...which is GREAT! It definitely explains why I've been feeling better lately. The doctors aren't really sure why my levels went up so high...they said sometimes this just happens, and as long as they go back down, everything is okay.
So now it's just the waiting game. The nursery is complete, the car seat is in the car (go Daddy!), and we have all the little outfits up here and ready for Benton to wear. Hoping for good news on or before April 13th! Y'all have a great week. :)
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Can't wait to see pics of the little guy! It is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteWe're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of your precious baby boy! Only 2 weeks!!!! OR LESS! :)
ReplyDelete