You are now one month old! You have had quite the busy month - and you've grown lots to prove it! On Thursday, May 13 (exactly one month after you were born), you weighed 9 lbs 10 oz - that's nearly two pounds more than your birth weight! Lots of growing and changing has taken you from this sweet little newborn

to this precious little baby:

We have loved watching you grow so far - can't wait to see what the next month holds!!!
Mommy has compiled a list of things that we have used A LOT in the past month. This list is bound to change (especially now that you have discovered your bouncy seat and swing), but these items were must-haves during our first few weeks together!
1. The Sleep Sheep - This sheep is in the picture above and has been an absolute life-saver! We got it as a gift from Tim and Lauren, and Benton absolutely loves it. It has 4 different sound settings that will lull my sweet boy to sleep very quickly...at times, I've had to turn it back on in order for him to keep sleeping! You can buy it at Pottery Barn Kids.
2. The Boppy Pillow - Both the big pillow and the one that fits around your waist are wonderful! Now that Benton stays awake longer and has started to move around a good bit, the big pillow is one of his favorite places to lie and coo. :) The other one is fantastic while breastfeeding and while just holding him...our arms no longer go to sleep!!
3. The Medela Freestyle Breast Pump (and bottles!) - Now that I have some freedom to get out and run errands, I can pump and leave bottles with Matt, so he can have his turn at feeding the baby. :) This pump is awesome - works really fast - and I'll definitely need it when I go back to work.
4. Gerber Onesies - I love these things! So easy to dress him, especially now that he's at an "in-between" size...newborns are starting to get too small, and 3 months are too big. The gowns are also really nice to put him in at nighttime, since I'm constantly changing his diapers.
5. Pampers Swaddlers - Speaking of diaper changes...I've found these to be THE BEST diapers. I've had trouble with the other brands leaking, and Pampers seem to work best for us.
Okay...I think that's it. :) Here are a few more pictures of our sweet boy and his week of being "one month old"!!!
Hanging out in the crib

Putting up my "dukes" while Mommy is taking pictures

Sleeping on Daddy

and Mommy

There's just something about a sleeping baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment