Saturday afternoon, Matt and I had our first lunch date since Benton was born. We dropped the baby off at my mom's (I didn't want to leave!) and we went to lunch at New Moon, then went shopping around for a bit. It was nice to be out and about, but I missed my boy! I can't wait until I can take him around with me. On Sunday, we took the stroller out for the first time and went around the neighborhood...well kinda. We made it about 5 houses away from ours and had to turn around...oh the joys of recovering from a c-section! My mom told me I need to take baby steps...so I'm doing my best!
Benton is growing beautifully. At his 3-week visit to the doctor's (or shall I say Grandpa's office) on Tuesday, he had already gained nearly another pound...now he weighs 8 lbs 10 oz! He's really started "talking" this week - lots of cooing and sweet noises. He's also staying awake for a lot longer after he eats and is very active, which is really fun! We're still working on the nighttime schedule. Benton gets up around every 2-3 hours to eat, but sometimes doesn't want to go back to sleep in the bassinet! He's just happy in Mommy's arms...which is awesome...but not at 3am! Haha...Matt and I have tried everything - from different temperatures in the room, to different outfits...you name it. We'll figure it out. :)
The pictures from this week really show how much he's changed...in just a few days!
Close up!

Playing with Daddy

First stroll in the neighborhood!

Playtime after Lunch

Mommy's attempt at self-portraiture

Talking to Mommy

I love my Boppy!

PRECIOUS precious boy! Love him! Can't wait to hear all the stories he has to tell!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how quickly they change. He's so handsome!
ReplyDeleteKatie so happy for you!!! he is adorable!!!
ReplyDelete