As far as the medical/hospitalized part of my week, we had a fairly eventful one. I had 2 bleeds last week, but they were much smaller than the ones I have been having. Then on both Sunday morning and this morning, I have had even smaller bleeds. The doctors have said this is expected with a chronic abruption. It does not necessarily mean that all of the bleeds will be small from now on (I could still have the big bleed). They seem very pleased that I have made it this far and want me to continue to "be good" as they like to put it. :) Mom did ask them what their plan was if I did not ever have the big bleed, and they told us that they would let me get to 37 weeks, then schedule a c-section. So still a lot of unknowns, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!
I had my ultrasound today and since I haven't had a major bleed lately, I got to go down to the clinic here at MCG and have the 4D sonogram done (yay - freedom from my hospital room!!!). It was amazing...I cannot wait to see this baby in person! He now weighs 4 lbs 2 oz (wow!) and is actually measuring at 32 weeks and 2 days - which is really good considering his gestational age is 31 weeks. He moved around the entire time the ultrasound was going on (I'm telling you - this is an ACTIVE child!) so the sonographer got the best 4D images she could. I love his little nose and chubby cheeks. :) Enjoy the pictures and have a wonderful week!!
30 weeks and 5 days - Can you believe there's over 4 lbs of baby in there??
The girls who gave me the shower - "Aunts" Shelley, Maxime, Kym, Kathy, and Amber :)
Love this one...they were fascinated by my big belly!
My sweet grandmother and me (and Benton :))
Neither Nana nor I could walk around this hospital (this place is HUGE), so we got chariot rides by some good-looking drivers. :)
Our little boy showing off his muscles!

One more 4D...

You are beautiful, Katie! Hang in there. I vividly remember how much I wanted to see my first baby. And when I did lay eyes on him for the first time it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. It will be your turn soon. :.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet baby! We're not going to be able to keep our hands off of him :). Hope you don't mind me visiting even more when he's here!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Katie :) You're doing awesome! I'm so excited for you & Matt! Can't wait to meet little (or big) Benton :) Once you see him, this will all be a blur! And watch out--it goes by sooo fast! Braeden just turned 1!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone is taking such great care of you both! Stacey
What a precious baby boy! I am so glad you are at 31 weeks!! Yipee! I am praying for you- what amazing friends you have, I am so glad to hear that you have been "showered" :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a creative and fun shower! Congrats on 31 weeks, that's awesome!! You look beautiful and he already looks like a little cutie pie! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is one handsome man you got on your hands! He is going to break hearts!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great way to have a shower!