Unpredictable: the one word to describe this crazy situation that I'm in! This week, I had two more bleeds - one medium-sized, one pretty small. But the newest additions to this process are the contractions that have started up before/after these bleeds. On Thursday morning, I began contracting while on the monitor. The doctors decided to give me IV fluids to see if my uterus would calm down. (Apparently dehydration can cause the uterus to contract.) I drank a big Gatorade and my big MCG jug of water. It worked for a little while, only to start up again a few hours later. I went back on fluids that evening, and then had a bleed Friday morning. As a precaution, the doctors wanted me to stay on fluids all day on Friday until Saturday morning. My doctor said they aren't sure if the contractions are coming before the bleeds, or if the bleeds are causing the contractions - kinda like the chicken or the egg scenario. Saturday was a quiet day...no contractions or bleeding...then on Sunday, the contractions started up again. Last night, they were coming every 8-9 minutes and then, after a whole bunch of fluids, calmed down again. This morning at 1am, I had a very small bleed. Crazy, huh?
Good news is that Benton and I made it to 32 weeks today! My doctor was thrilled, and told me that he clicked his heels walking down the hall today. :) So our first big goal has been met and we are so thankful for all of the prayers that have gotten us to this point. My dad (being the concerned pediatrician :)) wants me to get to 34 weeks, so that is my new goal! Everything is still going great with the baby...still very active and great heart rate on the monitor. Hope everybody has a wonderful week!!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woo hoo! Way to go Osteens! We're cheering for you :).
ReplyDeleteCongrats Katie :) I'm so excited you guys are in the final stretch of this! Benton is a lucky little guy to have a family like yours to come into! We'll keep you in our prayers to go a couple more weeks! Hope we'll be able to visit--I can't wait to meet him! Love to you both! Stacey
ReplyDeleteYay for 32 weeks! We're still keeping you guys in our prayers!!! He'll be here SO soon! :)
ReplyDelete