Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

33 Weeks!! Only 4 (at the MOST) to go!

So I'm writing a day early. But as I tell my kids at school, when you feel the muse and the need to write, take advantage of it! I'm happy to say that this was quite the uneventful week...knock on wood! No more bleeding, but I did have some bouts with contractions, which seem to have become a regular occurrence with me. The main thing I need to do about this is to drink more fluids - I'm now up to at least 3 of the big MCG mugs a day, plus whatever I have with my meals (milk, tea, Sprite, etc.) The contractions have really slowed down, so it's working!

I've officially begun my 7th week here in the hospital. The main question I get from everyone is whether or not I'm going crazy yet. :) Well...not really! The weeks themselves tend to go by pretty fast; it's just the days early in the week that tend to drag on. Mondays, even though they are my weekly countdown and my ultrasound day, tend to have the same effect here in the hospital as they do on the "outside" - very slow and boring! Haha...the same seems to apply to Tuesdays, but by Wednesday the week is in full swing and it's not too bad. Here's my daily schedule - remember that Mom and Matt alternate nights staying with me, and Mom stays each day during the day and Matt stays on the weekends.
6:00 am - A lovely wake-up call from my doctor - basically just asking how my night was...then he tells me to go back to sleep....riiight. :)
6:30 am - Medical student comes in to check my respirations and ask about how I'm doing...again....tells me to go back to sleep.
7:15 am - Food and Nutrition comes in with breakfast (which I've discovered that cereal and a muffin are the safest thing to order...and on Sundays we get cinnamon rolls! They are actually really good!!)
8:00 am - Nurse comes in for vitals and then hooks me up to the NST machine for 30 minutes - it's the monitor that records Benton's heartbeat, my pulse, his movements, and my contractions/uterine irritability
8:00 am - 10:00 am - usually the range of time that the doctors come back in for a check-in..my perinatologist is hilarious and always comes in with some type of story. We look forward to his visits. :) On Mondays, this is the time I get my ultrasound.
11:00 am - Mom makes me get in the shower. I'm usually just being extremely lazy since every morning has become like a sluggish Saturday morning (except with all of the fun interruptions!)
11:45 am - Lunch - depends on the day whether or not I'll actually want to eat it - haha
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm - Lately has been filled with TV, needlepoint (yes, I'm actually not too bad!), another set of vitals from the nurse around 3pm, lots of Facebook (super stalker) and Internet...If it is Matt's night to stay he usually arrives around 5pm and Mom is able to go home around 3pm or so.
5:00pm - 11:00pm - TV, a movie, whatever is on to watch...I get dinner and then hang out with Mom or Matt...Matt and I have become ridiculously addicted to The Office. Netflix has instant downloads to your computer, and we have already watched Seasons 1-5...and are going crazy because Season 6 is currently airing and we can't find the beginning of it online! We have entirely too much time on our hands. :) After one more set of vitals, I'm off to bed around 11:00- 11:30pm each night.
Every three days, I have blood drawn for a type and screen in order to have blood immediately available for me in the blood bank in the event that I need a transfusion. I also get a new IV port every three to four days so I have a quick access site for fluids or blood, if needed.

So with my little schedule that I now have, it's not so terrible being in here. The best thing has been the visitors I've had...when other people are here, it makes the day go by so much faster! I still feel so blessed to have my mom and Matt here with me so much - if I was alone, I would be crawling the walls for sure.

I hope everyone had a great weekend...Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! To all of my Aiken people - have a BLAST at Steeplechase...next year, I'll have a little one to chase around. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to The Office, too. Have you tried going to NBC.com (http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/categories/season-6/1157983/)? I watch episodes there if I miss one. I also like My Name is Earl because it came on after The Office. Glad for your update and that you have made it this far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound silly but, enjoy this time of attention, anticipation, and quiet moments with your Mom and Husband. I would love to have a whole day alone with my Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you again this week! Less than 4 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. oh my goodness. oh my goodness! I'm crossing my fingers for Monday :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just got done with an assigment...it's 2a.m. and YOU'RE 34 WEEKS!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete